Sunday, December 18, 2011

Subject: Medical Assistant Training Through ROP


Maforumentry

Someone has just posted a new comment in our Medical Assistant NET forum about joining Regional Occupation Program (ROP) for vocational training in California, where high school students are eligible to take appropriate ROP classes, including medical assisting. The discussion thread in our forum is rather extensive with lots of feedback, discussion and advice. The latest message was posted by Kat (from the ip address 66.27.143.33).

Message: Health Care Student
Hi everyone, I appreciate reading the post by "Teach" and providing her insight since I am looking into an ROP MA program (CA) to start medical assistant training in the next six weeks and will help me and my family tremendously. I need to work, have children and I know how to make sure I get the medication labels straight. I understand Lori's concerns in that discussion thread and they are valid yet, RNs are sued, doctors are sued, and MAs need to be competent too. This comes with common sense, an ability prior to walking into the classroom. I had to pass an exam prior to my registration date. EMT's have less training than MAs. I have an MBA, and taken my RN prerequisites yet, moving to California where the clinicals are at 6:00 AM, I can not do that with children who start school at 8:00 AM. MA is my plan B to actually work in my field, and thanks again Lori for your post, and helping me understand the benefits about the MA ROP program. Affordable, fast, and efficient (for those who work hard and want to pass the exams) :). ~ Kat, SMA
ROP typically offers classes on a trimester basis, with many new courses starting throughout the year for California high school graduates and eligible adults. Job training opportunities offered are phlebotomy courses, clinical and administrative medical assisting, dental assisting, various other medical career programs, citizenship courses, High School diploma and GED courses, and more, depending on available resources and faculty at various institutions across California.

More at Medical Assistant NET website.

No comments: